This position is responsible for shipping all products created in our facility in a timely and efficient manner. The shipping department supports daily activities and personnel as directed by the shipping Manager and the specific requirement of the customer, within approval guidelines and procedures established by production Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works within a team for pulling and skidding products to schedule requirements.
- Managers shipping documents e.g. shipping labels, packaging slips, bill of lading, bar code labels, etc.
- Follow shipping instructions set by Production Management.
- Routes outgoing shipments through various means of transportation.
- Routes paperwork contracts to accounting after shipment of goods.
- Communicates with customer through ASN’s on released shipments.
- Files shipping documents.
- Maintains shipment history files.
- Collaborate with the Shipping Manager and Production Management staff
- Follow all safety guidelines established by the company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualification / Experience:
- Motivated, dependable, individual who exhibits strong attention to detail and arrives on time for the start of the shift.
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures.
- Proven experience in shipping and working and leading others
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions
- Comfortable in operating a computer
- Ability to handle a physical workload – Max 25 lbs.
- Comfortable with moments of high activity when meeting shipping demands.
Deadline to submit your resume is November 18, 2019