Douglas Corporation is looking for a bright and motivated Quality Engineer to supervisor our Quality Technicians for our Molding operations.
The Douglas Corporation is a world Class designer and manufacturer of decorative corporate and product identifiers since 1933. You may not know our name, but you know our clients’ names from the nameplates on their car and truck brands you see every day. Manufacturers turn to Douglas Corporation for high-quality product graphics such as chrome plated nameplates, decorative trim, decals and more. Our slogan is “The Name behind the Name”.
- To support, monitor and train Quality Technicians and Operators in examining molded parts. This includes giving cosmetic quality guidance; perform containment measures on suspect products; following inspection and test procedures; as well as schedule hours and assign work-loads for your staff.
- Responsible for entering all relevant molding information into plastic, molding, and quality accounts for new kickoffs.
- Perform testing on all sample and problem parts and coordinating adjusting before sending it through the next processes. This testing includes monitoring rework and rejects for accuracy.
- Make decisions regarding raw part quality and place orders for various supplies. This will include making sure the “Hazardous Materials” paperwork is properly filled out and given to the proper drivers for shipping.
- Maintain records and supplies, including scrap quantities and reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Maintain thorough and accurate records
- Must be able to pass a Hue Color Test
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite a plus
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Douglas Corporation considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other legally protected states.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE – Douglas Corporation performs drug and alcohol screening in accordance with Minnesota law.
I-9 VERIFICATION – Douglas Corporation follows the Federal law that requires us to verify the identity and employment authorization of new employees and to re-verify employment authorization as necessary.