- Facilitate all aspects of bringing a badging program from concept, at the time the program is awarded, through to production. This includes making decisions at the start of a program as to what manufacturing areas are involved and the team members required.
- Throughout the design process, the Project Manager is responsible for facilitating the design of the part ensuring that both Douglas and the customer are in agreement with the design direction.
- This requires the Project Manager to make independent judgment as to what information is passed on to the customer and what information is required of the customer to come to a mutually agreed upon design.
- Facilitate all tooling requirements leading up to full production.
- Responsible for the documentation related to the part approval process (PPAP) and shipment of pre-production parts.
- Provide direction to Project Management Assistants to accomplish many of these tasks.
- Enlist the help of others within Douglas to accomplish additional tasks.
- Identify these tasks and the people required to perform the task.
- Facilitate all change requests. Determines who needs to be notified, what team members need to be involved, and develop the costs and appropriate schedules.
- The majority of the Project Managers responsibilities are complete once the new part is successfully launched into full production.
- Proven working experience in project management or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel)
- Experience with Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Qualified candidates will be self-motivated, have a strong desire to complete projects on time and a willingness to learn.
- Automotive experience with APQP, PPAP, FMEA and DVP&R is desired
- Engineering degree not required.
- Work authorization – United States (Required)